No matter how you look at it the first session of the 112th Congress can be counted as a major success for EANGUS. As the second session continues throughout the year, rest assured that EANGUS will continue to vigorously fight on behalf of our membership.
One of the largest fights EANGUS will take on this year is the defense budget. Although, the budget is a battle each and every year, this time around it looks to be extra contentious. The main reason for this is because of the Air Force’s proposal to cut airmen and aircraft from the Air National Guard in disproportionate numbers than the rest of the active and reserve forces. EANGUS has been working closely with key members of Congress to fight these cuts and will keep our members informed of developments as they arise.
The following are some other issues that EANGUS has advocated on behalf of or are currently working on:
1) The National Guard Empowerment and State-National Defense Integration Act of 2011.
2) The Honor America’s Guard –Reserve Retirees
3) Military Construction (MILCON)
4) National Guard & Reserve Equipment Account (NGREA)
5) Post-Deployment / Mobilization Respite Absence (PDMRA) Leave
6) National Guard Birthplace.
See EANGUS Legislative Accomplishments for details